Next: Widget Resources
Up: Widget Basics
The following Manager widget classes are available in Motif:
- - provides a 3D border effect to a widget. See frame.c
- - allows scrolling of windows
- - A typical top level container for an application.
Many widgets can be put in here. Especially useful for Menubars, Scrollbars and
- - provides a widget where graphics can be displayed.
NOTE: Motif does not provide any graphics functions. Xlib provides them.
- - Allows vertical tiling of widgets.
- - provides a slider object that can be used for user input.
- - A widely used widget that can lay out widgets in a 2D
- - has three sub-classes:
- - similar use to RowColumn but allows greater control of
placement and sizing of Widgets.
- - there are two forms of dialog: a MessageBox which
simply gives information to the user and SelectionBox which allows
interaction with the user. Motif provides a Command widget for command
line type input and a FileSelectionBox for directory/file selection.
We will study many of these in detail throughout the course. Some like frame are fairly straightforward and the example program frame.c should
explain a lot. Some (Dialog for instance) we will meet in the course of a
program but will not be looking at in great detail.