Next: List Widgets
Up: Text Widgets
Previous: Scrolling Control
The Default settings of a Text Widget allow basic text editing facilities.
However, there may be occasions when we may need greater control over things.
Several callback resources are provided for this purpose. Briefly theses are:
- - (only single-line Text widgets) called on Enter key press.
- - Used to verify a change to text before it
- - called after a change to text has been
In summary, we attach various menu, button etc. callbacks to enable
various text editing, searching etc.
- - called when the user has altered
the cursor position or made a text selection with mouse .
- - the user wants to begin input
- - widget is losing keyboard focus.
We can use verifyCallbacks for checking user inputs - for example for